Deontay Wilder has agreed to fight Anthony Joshua in what could be a world heavyweight title unification bout.
Briton Joshua (21-0) is the holder of the IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles while Wilder (40-0) is the WBC world champion.
The WBC title is the only one remaining on Joshua’s radar after he added the WBO championship to his collection by defeating New Zealand’s previously unbeaten Joseph Parker in March by unanimous decision.
Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, has officially agreed to a two-fight deal, with the second bout in the US.
“We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the UK,” Finkel told ESPN.
“Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract.”
Wilder, 32, will pocket around £37million from the heavyweight match-up that will happen in September or October.
Wilder’s trainer Deas adds, in a separate interview, that they would push for a signed contract as early as Tuesday and the fight could be anywhere from September to November to avoid conflict with a potential Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin rematch in September.
Wilder tweet on the highly anticipated bout.
He said on Twitter: “The $50m (£37m) offer for him to fight me in the US is still available.
“Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK.
“If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. It’s up to them to choose.”
🚨BREAKING NEWS🚨 for all you @anthonyfjoshua fans… The $50M offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available. Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK. If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. It’s up to them to choose. pic.twitter.com/03PE8sk5x0
— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) June 11, 2018